Farm Insurance protection is provided by 4 public sector non life insurers,( New India Assurance, National insurance company, Oriental Insurance and United India Insurance Co.) and some private insurance co. too , (Royal Sundaram, Tata AIG, IFCO TOKYO marine, ICICI Lombard etc.) under the different kinds of rural insurance schemes.
1. Cattle insurance against Death and disablement due to diseases and accident.
2. Poultry insurance against Death due to various contagious /infectious diseases and accidents.
3. Fish insurance against death and total loss of crop due to disease and accidents.
4. Plantation insurance:
Banana/sugarcane/Horticulture crops : Against all loss and damages arising out of specified diseases and natural calamities.
5. Biogas plant /solar power plant : loss/damages due to natural calamities and other accidents and mechanical breakdown.
6. Farm Home/Buildings /Equipments : Loss arising out of fire and allied perils, theft and burglary risks.
Tailor made comprehensive insurance policies can be worked based on the proposals of farmers sent through the local "work groups" in order to get the least quotation from the above insurance companies and respective brokers. NOTE "Proposals" can be placed on line to facilitate this.